1. Default Houston to Las Vegas -- Fast!

My boyfriend and I are driving one-way from Houston to Las Vegas and need to get there fairly quickly but would like to see a couple of cool spots along the way that are not too out of the way. We only have a few days to get there so I wanted to know what we can do realistically. I mapped the route on mapquest and yahoo and got 2 totally different routes so wasn't sure which one to choose. I thought about going to the Grand Canyon but don't know if we have time. How far do you think we can get on the first day?

Default How many days?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsi View Post
    My boyfriend and I are driving one-way from Houston to Las Vegas and need to get there fairly quickly but would like to see a couple of cool spots along the way
    Well, there are a few hundred places along that way. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! How many days do you have for this journey? By shortest possible route, it is 1465 miles which would require three full days of driving (8-10 hours without sightseeing stops). Once we know more about your planned trip, we can offer other ideas.

Mark

3. Default Houston to Las Vegas

So, now we are leaving Houston on Tuesday and need to be in Las Vegas by Sunday mid-day. We would like to spend at least 2 nights in the Grand Canyon. Any suggestions on which route we should take that will enable us to check out one other spot? We were thinking maybe Carlsbad Caverns or White Sands....