1. Default Maine to N.M and then Cali, camping? best route? and back.

So a girlfriend and i have november off and are plannung to drive cross country and back. I've done it before and have taken 80 across then down throgh colorado. i want to stop at some chill and cheep camping places alone the way but don't know how to go about it? our destinations are Chicago, Santa Fe, nm, cali, s.f and another places alone the way. oh, and where should i fly out of to get to Hawaii? the cheepest? oh and i might just stay for the winter out west, thoughts?.........

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Finding Focus

Welcome to the RTA forum!

You're kind of all over the place here, so I think your first step is to figure out what you are trying to achieve.

First, you say you've driven across country before, but you don't know "how to do it?" Campsites are not usually too hard to find, with public sites being less expensive than private campgrounds. I'm not sure what more you would be looking for here.

What's the story with Hawaii? I take it you plan to break up your trip with a flight to the islands? Pretty much any west coast city could have the best rates depending up on the day and the airline.