Default roadtrip advise!!!

hey roadtrip gurus,

i'm a new solo roadtripper..although i've done a couple of roadtrips, they were never long. i live in sunnyvale/san jose ,CA.and am planning on a roadtrip for 4 days...i got 4 full days (both ways)...i wanna do a road trip but not sure which place to go..i been to the following places

1. santa cruz
    2. santa maria (Hwy 1 S)
    3. monterey bay

i dont wanna visit the same places. any suggestions on this? thanks a million!!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default now that we know...

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You've done an excellent job of telling us what you don't want to see and do, but you haven't given us any indication about what types of things you'd be interested in.

Just a few things that would come to mind would include the Redwoods and Coast of Northern California, Lake Tahoe, or Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks.

Are any of those places of interest, or did you have something else in mind?

Central California

Default Also, when

If you want to take your roadtrip in late September (if you get to pick when your 4 days are) a trip to see the old mining towns of the southern Motherlode and the golden aspens would be fun. You could scoot up Hwy 88 to Jackson/Sutter Creek, over Carson Pass, to Markleeville, then south to Ebbets Pass, down past Calaveras Big Trees State Park, to the towns of Murphys, Columbia (preserved as a state park and outfitted in period) and Sonora.

There are campgrounds all along the way, as well as towns, resorts and such for motel overnights.

If you are into wine-tasting there is a very nice, less-crowded-than-Napa red wine region just east of Plymouth, CA on Shenandoah Valley Road and Steiner Road with more than 2 dozen wineries featuring Italian and Rhone varietals. It would make a great side trip.

The total mileage would be about 430 miles.

Of course, the trip would be fun now, but the aspens won't turn for another month or so.

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years

Default thanks folks!!

thanks for replying to my post..i'm more interested in scenic drives, i dont really care what the place is , as long as its gud, and night life is gud too...i dont have any preference with regards to the place...since i would be driving on my own, i would like the drive to be scenic...that is important..can you also please suggest me the routes names?

Default by the way

my four days are of the labor day weekend