Myself and a couple of like minded friends (all mid to late 20's) are planning a California/Nevada road trip for later this year. We've come up with a first go at an itinerary and wanted to get some of your thoughts on what we were proposing.
We've never really been to the area before so we are keen to see/do as much as possible during our time. We're looking for a mix of National Parks (hiking/camping etc.) and cities (especially San Fran and Vegas) and are basically after a good fun 2.5 weeks. Oh, we're flying into SF and out of LA.
1. San Francisco (Nights 1, 2)
2. Napa Valley (3)
3. Yosamite NP (4, 5, 6)
4. Death Valley NP (7)
5. Vegas (8, 9, 10)
6. Bryce Canyon (11, 12)
7. Grand Canyon (& Hoover Dam) (13, 14)
8. Palm Springs (or somewhere else on that sort of route) (15)
9. LA (16, 17)
I guess it would be good to know any of the following:
1) Is there anything we should add/omit/swap to our trip?
2) Any advice on areas to stay/go to in any of these places?
3) General thoughts - is this achievable etc.?
Any help would be very much appreciated!