Default Route US41 Tamiami Trail ???

Hi folks me and my wife and her parents will be coming out to our house in Florida this August and plan to take in a mini road trip for about 4-5 days. We were thinking of blasting down to Miami and jumping on the Tamiami trail and continuing on US Route 41 after Tampa and head as far north as we can before we have to turn back for Kissimmee. I was wondering if anyone had done this and could they comment on what we can expect to see en-route. We are not that bothered about doing loads of driving each day we are more concerned about taking in the sites etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also would it be worth avoiding the Everglades in August can we expect to be eaten alive by the mosquito's ?? we were thinking of going on a air boat ride.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Some parts

I've only been on a portion of that route. I do remember the Ochopee post office , Marco Island, and Naples. Also, spending a day on the beach in Fort Myers and Sanibel. Of course, that was in March several years ago!

I don't think the mosquitoes will be able to catch you on a fan boat ride.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default It can be pretty intense!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysteve View Post
    Also would it be worth avoiding the Everglades in August can we expect to be eaten alive by the mosquito's ?
    I have been in the 'Glades in August and I CAN report there are millions of the little buggers out and about (early morning and in the evening).

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default US-41 Goes Where?

Did you know that the northern terminus of US-41 is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula? I am pretty sure that it is the country's longest north-south US highway.

It also goes through Wisconsin, Illinois (where it is Lake Shore Drive in Chicago), Indiana (where it is mostly four lane), Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia.

Just something to think about while you're cruising.

Keep on Down that Two Lane Highway. --RoadDog

Thanks for the responses, Yeh I was kinda worried that we might get bitten a lot in August, I gues the truck is going to stink of deet we only plan on about 5 days max with about 3 hours max driving a day so probably wont get too far north but looking forward to it.