Default From LA to Houston and going back

Hi all, I am just a beginner and it's really cool to have such a site. I am planning to have a road trip starting from L.A. to Houston, then all the way back. But we only have about 8 days and really want to visit some big cities. It would be great if anyone can give me some advice or driving suggestion. Thanks in advance :)

Rock'on

Default Quickie

Hi,

Looks like you won't have a lot of extra time. To see as many big towns as possible in the time alotted you pretty much have to do I-40 and I-35 in one direction, and I-10 in the other direction. That will get you through just about all the big cities there are in the region.

By driving about 10 hours each day, 5 of your 8 days will be spent driving, leaving 3 days to spend however you like. There are scenic and historic spots all along the way, and, of course, each city has much to offer. A little Internet searching on each city or state will give you more than enough to fill the time.

The good news is that you'll be repeating none of the roads and you'll see typical scenery of just about every kind in the American Southwest.

Have a ball.

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years