1. Default Looking for a SERIOUS Road Tripper

Hello Road Trippers.

I've been planning a dream road trip for about 8 years now. The only thing that is missing is the company. You have no idea how hard it is to find someone who wants to take two months off and drive around the country (or at least someone who will actually DO it.) So here is what I'm looking for, and if you or someone you know fits this description, please contact me!

This is a two-ish month road trip all around the country. I have it planned going from Seattle to the Boston, down the east coast to Georgia, across the south to LA, and up the west coast back to Seattle. I want it to take as long as it needs to take to do what we want to do. That sounds vague, I know. But I don't want to have to skip an interesting looking stop in order to make time, or keep on schedule.

The proposed start date is September 1, 2008, give or take. This gives us a year to go from being strangers, to being friends. To plan together to make this OUR road trip, rather than my plan. To save money to make sure that we have padding for emergencies, including emergency silly museum admission, and emergency "world's best pie."

This trip is going to be a high point in my life, and I'm dying to share it with someone who is as excited about it as I am.

If anyone is interested, let's talk.

Default Yeah, it can be tough

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryangel5 View Post
    You have no idea how hard it is to find someone who wants to take two months off and drive around the country
    That can be challenging. Be sure to look at the options listed here as well.

Mark

3. Default Tried Those

I'll keep a look out on those sites, but most of those are more ride-share. Like, "I need to get from here to here." They seem to be less about driving for the sake of driving. But I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Two months...

If I could afford it, I'd go along. But I think that's going to be the problem for most. Hope you find a co-pilot soon!

-Brad

5. Default Affording it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Brad View Post
    If I could afford it, I'd go along. But I think that's going to be the problem for most. Hope you find a co-pilot soon!

-Brad
    It's true, that's the tough part. But that's the beauty of planning a year in advance. If you start saving NOW, you'll be able to afford it by the time we go!

I know it's still a long shot, but you can't blame a girl for trying.

I might be interested in going. Send me an email or something so we can talk.

7. Default dream

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryangel5 View Post
    Hello Road Trippers.

I've been planning a dream road trip for about 8 years now. The only thing that is missing is the company. You have no idea how hard it is to find someone who wants to take two months off and drive around the country (or at least someone who will actually DO it.) So here is what I'm looking for, and if you or someone you know fits this description, please contact me!

This is a two-ish month road trip all around the country. I have it planned going from Seattle to the Boston, down the east coast to Georgia, across the south to LA, and up the west coast back to Seattle. I want it to take as long as it needs to take to do what we want to do. That sounds vague, I know. But I don't want to have to skip an interesting looking stop in order to make time, or keep on schedule.

The proposed start date is September 1, 2008, give or take. This gives us a year to go from being strangers, to being friends. To plan together to make this OUR road trip, rather than my plan. To save money to make sure that we have padding for emergencies, including emergency silly museum admission, and emergency "world's best pie."

This trip is going to be a high point in my life, and I'm dying to share it with someone who is as excited about it as I am.

If anyone is interested, let's talk.
    I have been having the same dream for years but something always happens but i feel if i don't get off the pot i may never go anywhere do you live i am in TN. and do you have a camper or would it be by car?
    Last edited by AZBuck; 02-14-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: E-mail address removed

8. Default Feel Ur Pain Gurl

I'm doing the same thing only leaving late March 08 from DC to CA, and then I'm going to hang in Cali for a while and then go to CA to FL. And its about the journey for me. I too am looking for likeminded travel buddies. But if I don't meet them, no worries, I'm still going. It would kill me to not go than go alone. And I must go. If I watch another Anthony Bourdain show about his fantastic, if laced with dry wit, travel and food experiences and feel how good I would feel if I was right there, and still not go on this trip?.....I'm ordering a hit on .......somebody....Wanderlust. Gotta Love It!