Default Scottsdale to Omaha over 6 days

Hi all. First time posting after gaining many valuable bits of information here. My wife & I are going on a 16 day trip from NJ to Scottsdale to Omaha & KC in late August - early Sept. My question is this. After we leave Scottsdale on 9/2 is it realistic to head up to the Hoover Dam & Vegas for a 1 nighter & then swing back to the Nat. Parks of Zion, Bryce & the North Rim to wander north towards Omaha? Or am I better off skipping Vegas (we've both been there) and heading up towards Page, AZ Antelope Canyon and the North Rim area. We are staying at El Tovar in on the South Rim prior to getting into Scottsdale on 8/30. Our trip ends with a 2 day stay in KC to see the Yankees play on our 9/9 anniversary. Also, I'm a photographer so overnight stay recomendations in scenic areas for sunrise/sunsets would be appreciated. Our main concerns are simply to relax on a long road trip, see some friends in Scottsdale & Omaha, see some of our great country and get some awesome images along the way.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Stretching Time

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

I think you would be better off skipping Las Vegas this time and heading up into Utah. The North Rim takes some time to get to, and since you are interested in keeping the pace comfortable from the sounds of it, this would better fit into your plans.

Default Scottsdale to Omaha 6 days

Thanks. We pretty much figured on skipping Vegas but I'm more upset I'll miss Rt66 Kingman to Seligman and the Hoover Dam. Can anyone tell me more about the Page, AZ, Kanaab & southern Utah NP areas. We'll have from 9/2 AM to Friday afternoon 9/7 to get to Omaha.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Page and Marble Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by Pictureman View Post
    Thanks. We pretty much figured on skipping Vegas
    Yes, I am afraid you can't quite include Las Vegas in this time-table -- too bad -- the shots of the new bypass bridge at Hoover Dam are rather incredible right now.
    . Can anyone tell me more about the Page, AZ, Kanaab & southern Utah NP areas.
    I would suggest cross the canyon at Marble Canyon (US-ALT 89) -- the Vermilion Cliffs are really photogenic in mid to late afternoon! Here is a field report that I wrote that shares some of my favorite places for catching the nuances of light and shadow as you make you way north on US-89 north from Kanab. And, I really don't think you have time, but UT-12 is pretty outstanding as well.

Does this help?

Default Scottsdale to Omaha

Thank you Mark. I think we are going to take one of your suggestions in Utah & spend some quality time in one of those areas before heading up to friends in Omaha.