1. Default Any roadtrippers through Iowa? need advice!

I recently went on a roadtrip to western Iowa in June. Driving there, a received a speeding ticket for driving 10 mph over the speed limit on one of the two lane highways (65 in a 55). I'm from Illinois and I had heard that Iowa does not report ticket information to home states under certain conditions. Does anyone know what those conditions are, or if this is even true? Any help would be appreciated!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default No Legal Advice Here

Welcome to the RTA forum!

I can't tell you what Iowa's laws on the subject are, and an internet forum really isn't a good place to get legal advice.

That said, from what I've seen, Traffic tickets will always follow you. Even if it takes years, eventually, you'll get a note in the mail. At the very least, a warrant will be issued for your arrest and you would be risking jail time if you step foot into Iowa again.

So I'd just suck it up and pay the ticket

This isn't legal advice, but more common sense advice.... pay the ticket. All DMV's are setup to communicate with one another. All it takes is that county/city (of issued ticket) to report a non-compliance to your state DMV and next thing you know, your state DMV immediately suspends your license.

And no, they (your state dmv) are not required to notify you with a warning to comply. They'll just notify you that your license is suspended.

How do I know this? My friend went through this ordeal... Texas licensed and Iowa issued ticket. It took over a month to get his license re-instated once he paid the overdue ticket (w/additional fees for non-compliance). Then another friend informed us when he heard, of similar scenario with his Florida issued license and Virginia issued ticket.