1. Default boston to san diego

so my buddy is movin out to san diego and im drivin out with him and flying back. I hear it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 days to get across the country and i only have 7 days off work, so although we do want to make some stops and enjoy the country, we want them to be minimal and exciting. What are the best couple places to spend some time? i was thinking vegas for the last night of the trip and then headin to san diego in the morning, but thats alot of ground to cover before we get there. Also, were traveling with a 1 year old yellow lab and a car packed with his stuff.. Any thoughts/ suggestions??

Default Are you sure the Lab isn't three years old?

Quote Originally Posted by jdellorf View Post
    so my buddy is movin out to san diego and im drivin out with him and flying back
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! This sounds a lot like Redbull's upcoming trip.... The only difference, is that his yellow lab is three years old...
    I hear it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 days to get across the country and i only have 7 days off work,
    Three professional drivers, stopping only for fuel can make the run in less than three days. Normal folks and those traveling with a dog need to plan on a minimum of five days.

Mark

3. Default

so it would be 5 days without even stopping to see anything?? we were just planning on driving and sleeping in 6 hour shifts and covering alot of ground. stopping for a snack, a short walk for the dog, and to go to the bathroom every 6 hours or so. Is that pushing it?

ive gone to tennessee in 16 hours using the same plan, but we didnt have a dog
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 07-17-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: continuation of previous post

Default Speed run info

Quote Originally Posted by jdellorf View Post
    so it would be 5 days without even stopping to see anything??
    Yep, it would be five days of 10+ hours per day to drive from Boston to San Diego. Here are some tips about getting home safely from a bonafide "Speed Run" like this one.

Mark

5. Default

thank you for that link it was very helpful... if only we had one one person going with us i would feel a little more confident about everything working out... but im sure well make due

thanks again!