1. Default Trip from SF to Vancouver

Hi

I'm from the UK a couple of years ago we did LA to SF up the 101. We had such a great time we wanted to finish the trip by driving SF up to Vancouver. Before I made this post I have spent hours reading other threads but couldn't find that much info on this particular trip.

We are planning on arriving in SF early September and spending maybe 8-10 days driving up the coast to Vancouver. I was hoping for some suggestions on routes and places to see and stay. We enjoy your National parks, beaches (but not all day) aquariums, museums, eating out, places of interest you know the usual touristy things. On our previous visit to the 101 the Big Sur National Parks were the highlights for us (except of course for San Francisco what a city) and of course the relatively deserted roads.

Were not that bothered about cost, weather, traffic or driving conditions, where we live in the UK its one long, wet and very very expensive traffic jam.

Thanks
    Paul

Default Get ready for some more reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulienash View Post
    I'm from the UK a couple of years ago we did LA to SF up the 101.
    If you went up the Big Sur -- you were actually on CA-1 -- The Pacific Coast Highway. US-101 is a four-lane freeway that follows the coastal mountain range from the interior of the state. In any case, Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    . Before I made this post I have spent hours reading other threads but couldn't find that much info on this particular trip.
    Well, there are about 257 threads and 2 to 3 articles that address possible routes between San Francisco and Vancouver.

Moderator Craig is undertaking such a trip later next year and there are a bunch of ideas listed in his planning thread here. Also, I think you will enjoy visiting the Avenue of the Giants as you make your way north.
    Were not that bothered about cost, weather, traffic or driving conditions, where we live in the UK its one long, wet and very very expensive traffic jam.
    Good attitude -- I think you are in a for a real treat on this trip!

Mark