1. Default San Francisco to Lacey, Washington

I am planning to drive from San Francisco to Lacey, Washington, which is a half hour outside of Tacoma. I'm driving up there to meet up with my girlfriend's brother for thanksgiving weekend. I'm probably leaving in the afternoon before Thanksgiving. How long is the drive? Can I expect snow in the mountains on I-5? What kinds of sights are there to see in the area? Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Not in one day, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by calhayashi View Post
    I am planning to drive from San Francisco to Lacey, Washington,
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! As you may know, this is about a 750 mile drive (which is way, way too long for one day's travel) Yes, there is a chance of hitting snow on I-5 and rain elsewhere, so the fastest you can probably cover this distance is about thirteen hours. If you are hoping to make T-Day dinner, you would need to leave by 11 am and drive all night... This does not make much sense to us. But, if you do decide to try it, be sure to read the tips in this article about speed runs! And you will not have time for any side trips for sightseeing....

3. Default

Thanks a lot! Well yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either. I'm probably gonna try to leave on tuesday to get there by thursday. The only problem for me is I have classes early in the morning. Thanks for the help! Oh yeah about sightseeing-I was wondering what I could look at in the Tacoma area after thanksgiving dinner. I'll be in Lacey for a couple more days after T-day. Any suggestions for a place or two to visit before I leave back for San Francisco?