Thread: Best Route

Hybrid View

Default Best Route

Im brazilian and im not that experienced in roadtrips, specially in US. id like some advices about the best route, something that you recommend. west coast? east coast? coast to coast? i have 1 month and a half from december. what do you recommend?
    i already thank you.

Default Beyond subjective

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Your question is basically impossible to answer, because there really is no best route. There are millions of possibilities, and each and everyone one of them will have things that are better or worse than other aspects.

Think of a Roadtrip like a Canvas to paint on, not a math problem to solve with the best solution.

A month and a half will give you lots of time to see many many things. I'd start looking at the things you might be most interested in, and then build your trip from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post

Your question is basically impossible to answer, because there really is no best route. There are millions of possibilities, and each and everyone one of them will have things that are better or worse than other aspects.

Think of a Roadtrip like a Canvas to paint on, not a math problem to solve with the best solution.

A month and a half will give you lots of time to see many many things. I'd start looking at the things you might be most interested in, and then build your trip from there.
    I was thinking if someone could give recommendations, from your point of view. im not completely sure about what i want to see and what i dont.
    if you went on a roadtrip and would recommend, id love to know :)

from brazil is kind of hard to know and plan a good trip without tips!
    thanks very much

Default Take a look around!

This forum is filled with tips, ideas, and suggestions about things to do and places to see. If you really have no ideas what you'd like to do on your roadtrip then I'd suggest spending some time browsing through the forum and look at the trips other people are planning.

Without at least some basics about things you already know about or ideas about the kind of things you'd be interested in, any specific suggestions would really be like throwing a pebble into the ocean.

i will take a look, but this forum is a huge source of information. i thought that would be easier and more personal get information by a post. but ok.
    i feel free to come over again and ask when i need.

Default Lots of Ideas, But Need More Input

Are you driving or flying into the U.S.? Does your roadtrip have a hub?

I'm not clear on the duration of your roadtrip; Is it 1 1/2 months (i.e. about 45 days)?

Is your roadtrip during Dec/Jan? If "yes," then we have to take winter into consideration.

Are you into camping? Do you like to hike? Do you want to explore or avoid big cities?

At a minimum, see you doing the southwest visiting spots like Joshua Tree and Death Valley and Saguaro National Parks. New Mexico and Texas are full of stuff. A drive along the west-coast (LA to Seattle) is a good time. Visits to Mt. St. Helens, Crater Lake, Bonneville Salt Flats and so on are all possiblities, but we need a little more information from you in order to provide better guidance.