1. Default Phoenix to Salt Lake City with children

Hi,
    We are driving from Phoenix to Salt Lake City for business with a child and an infant. We are thinking to make preferable 1 but maybe 2 overnight stops on the way there. Any ideas for a nice and not too expensive accommodation?
    Since we have been to Grand Canyon several times but never to Utah we would like to see some national parks in Utah (like Zion and/or Bryce Canyon). With the infant it is difficult to hike so we would really appreciate recommendations for a scenic route where we can have beautiful views and stops without long hikes. The kids are fine in the car as long as we have short breaks at least about every two hours so it would be great with ideas where to stop along the route.
    On the way back we thought about staying overnight in Las Vegas since we have never been there but maybe that is silly this time of the year and is the roadtrip via Las Vegas interesting!?!
    We look forward to hearing your suggestions.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Default Note About Zion

My recollection of Zion is that you can see lots of Mother Nature without having to do a lot of hiking.

Default Some of the most scenic land on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by FromPhoenix View Post
    We are driving from Phoenix to Salt Lake City for business with a child and an infant.
    Welcome to the to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! With a three day travel plan you will have the opportunity to travel through some of the region's most scenic roads. Because of the nature of the NPS mandate, you will be able to see beautiful views without walking more than a few dozen steps from your vehicle.

I assume you have already taken day trips to Jerome and Sedona and therefore suggest that you use I-17 to US-89 as you head north. There are a couple of junctions for you to consider. At Tuba City, you can either head east on US-160 and travel through the incomparable Monument Valley and swing by Arches NP and then over the high passes on US-6 and down into SLC. (Watch for the reports on the various wildfires on this route)

Or you can continue north on US-89 and I like the route of US-89A over the bridge at Marble Canyon and then north on US-89 all the way to SLC. Here is a field report on parts of US-89 Alternatively you can also zig-zag your way north and drive parts of the Capitol Reef NP -- another field report.
    On the way back we thought about staying overnight in Las Vegas since we have never been there but maybe that is silly this time of the year and is the roadtrip via Las Vegas interesting!?!
    Since I live here, I think Las Vegas is interesting any time of the year. On your way south, using I-15, you could pick up Zion NP and then spend the night at Las Vegas.

Mark