1. Default Seattle to Las Vegas via National Parks

Hi everyone! We're planning a trip from Seattle to Las Vegas in September 07 - would be grateful for any advice or criticisms of the following route - my second draft so far! Does it look ok? We're after a mixture of scenery, national parks and nice towns / cities.

Seattle (3 nts) - Spokane (1 nt) - Missoula (2 nts) - Bozeman (1 nt) - Cody (1 nt) - Yellowstone / Grand Teton (3 nts) - Salt Lake City (2 nts) - Springdale / Zion (1 nt) - Las Vegas (5 nts).

We've been to Zion before so that is just a stopover. There are two 300 mile drives which I'm worried is a bit long. I might miss out Cody and have an extra night in the Missoula area or up towards West Glacier in Montana?

What do you think?

Central California

Default ?????????????

I'm a bit mystified by your Montana schedule. I assume you have friends/relatives in Missoula and Bozeman, other wise you'd just go on to Yellowstone. I can see no reason to go to Cody before Yellowstone, you might as well enjoy the drive through the park on the way to Cody, then come back through on the way to the Tetons. In fact, Cody is a nice day trip from Yellowstone, but not necessarily a destination in itself.

Other than that, your trip looks just fine. If you like history, Fort Hall reconstruction in Pocatello, Fort Bridger in SW Wyoming, and Heritage Village in Salt Lake City are all worth a stop.

Have a good one.

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years