1. Default Glacier np to Yellowstone np

Iam looking for the most scenic (time is not critical) route from Glacier np to Yellowstone np. Thanks for any info that anybody can give me.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Got to include...

Quote Originally Posted by silverback View Post
    Iam looking for the most scenic (time is not critical) route from Glacier np to Yellowstone np.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. Well, first you got to include a drive on the Going to the Sun Road! and I really like Fort Benton on the Missouri River, so I would follow US-2 to US-87 and stop and stroll along the river and check out the old hotel before stopping at Great Falls. By the way, the best beef ribs I have ever tasted can be found in the cafe at the O'Haire Motor Inn and be sure to go upstairs to the Sip-N-Dip Lounge and say Howdy to Vern (the bartender) on our behalf (there are real live mermaids working behind the bar on weekends there!)

From there, I would follow US-89 to Yellowstone NP.

3. Default

Thanks for the info. We will be coming in from the east on hwy 2. So at Havre we will turn onto 87 and stop at Fort Benton and then head on and visit with the mermaids. I've seen pink elephants in a bar before, but never mermaids, so that will be a first.
    From there we will head north on 89 to Glacier and thro the park on the going to the sun highway.
    We are planning on stopping in Apgar and then head south on 83 towards Helena and then cut across and rejoin 89 into Yellowstone. Is 83 a scenic road ?

Thanks once again for the help.