Default first road trip where do I go?

My husband and I want to go on a road trip for our anniversary, in the beggining of september, did I mention on his motorcycle... Well anyways we will start in the kansas city area but were do we go beyond there? we want to see it all and only have a week!!! We've never done anything like this before and am very eager to start planning. Can anyone help me? any great destinations or things to see along the way would be great... Where's the enormous christ of the ozark, or the survivor tree, and other things such as these? I dont know; anything you recommend would be nice!

Default Kansas City to the GRR?

Hello... You could bike to St. Louis and they drive the Great River Road along the Mississippi River to Memphis to the Mississippi delta area. Return home through Arkansas and the Ozarks. Not too far east of the GRR is the Land Between the Lakes that can connects KY with TN. I could see this being good biking country.

Here is a hyperlink that jumps into the middle of a slideshow that picks-up in St. Louis and goes south.

Default Loop it

Hi,

I agree that the ride to St. Louis, passing through Hermann, MO for the local wines the down the Mississippi River with a stop in St. Genevieve, historical French village, to Memphis is a good start. From there you can head west across northern Arkansas through the Buffalo River area to Eureka Springs, then up through Springfield. That should take about a week, and there are lots of unique things along the way you can add in like caves, waterfalls, and beautiful scenery.

I don't know where the Christ statue is, but it should be easy to find.

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years

Default Cahokia

Hi, again,

Forgot to mention that a site worth visiting just east of St. Louis is Cahokia Indian Mounds, a world heritage site. The largest mound has a footprint larger than that of the great pyramid in Egypt. And the museum does an excellent job describing the huge city that used to be there, and the interesting history of the mounds.

Also, the town of St. Charles, just before you get to St. Louis, is charming and worth a visit, especially if the weather is good so you can enjoy a meal at the outdoor restaurant (I can't remember the name, sorry, but it is on the west side of S. Main Street).

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years