1. Default What do you guys do to pass the time in the car?

For those that haven't read my other post, I'm going on a road trip from Minneapolis to New Orleans/FL/Savannah with my boyfriend. So that should be a 22 hour drive or so. My question is, what do you guys do to keep yourself entertained on the road? Any fun car games? Have you ever had any interesting topics of conversation come up with someone you've known for what seems like forever? Any funny stories?

2. Default Things to do in the car..

Well, there are several things..

1) Good maps, tour books and the like. If you're not driving, you're the navigator. Your job is to figure out where the next rest area is, find the right road to take, check out the description of the upcoming national park, etc.. Takes a surprizing amount of the time

2) Talk. Anything and everything

3) Books on tape (or CDs). Comedy albumns, novels, etc. A single book on tape can take up to 4 hours or more.

4) Listen to the radio. The Navigator plays with the dial....

5) Read to the drive. The navigator doesn't get to nap out, but they can read, out loud.

6) Take pictures. I have no hesitation to stop (when its safe) to get a picture of something interesting, ranging from roadside art to an interesting rock formation. Navigator's job to locate these and use the camera -- or just stick the camera out the window and snap away.

Plus, plan on stopping and getting out to walk around every couple of hours, even if its to gas up the car, clean the windows and find a bath room. Really helps, and breaks up the long drive times.