I'm originally from Houston, but I go to school in Oklahoma

Default Planning solo quest to discover American Gods

Ever since I read American Gods by Neil Gaiman (a must read!), I've been itching to get out on the road.

I don't have a specific destination or time-frame, but I do know this:

-I want to see as many unique roadside attractions as possible(yes, even the tacky ones)
    -I need it to be as cheap as possible
    -I would like, at some point, to visit House on the Rock in WI

Other than these guidelines and an ever-increasing desire to go (even though I won't be able to until next summer), I am completely clueless.

I've read a few articles on solo trips and gear, but as a road trip neophyte, I would appreciate any wisdom and info any of you may have to impart.

Default Where to Start

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Oddly enough, yours is the second post in just a couple of hours wherein someone was wondering how to go about planning their first RoadTrip, so rather than repeat myself, let me just point you there. One other resource that might be of use to you is this website that gathers up some of America's quirkier roadside attractions.

AZBuck

I'm originally from Houston, but I go to school in Oklahoma

Thanks for the response! I have looked at several resources on this website already, but I was wondering if some people might have some insight on quest-style roadtrips...perhaps from their own personal experience?

Default 6.5 year quest

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2814 View Post
    but I was wondering if some people might have some insight on quest-style roadtrips...perhaps from their own personal experience?
    I was a 6.5 year quest (that led to the creation of this web site) and here are a few key lessons we learned. And I think you might find the experiences of the Quest-4 Team very enlightening. They set out to discover answers to the great unknowlable questions and along the way found themselves.

Mark