1. Default I-40 or I-10 fm Montgomery to LA

Hello there,

I am moving from Montgomery to LA and will be driving end of July. Wondering if anyone know which is the better route in term of fun to drive and scenery along the way: I-40 or I-10?

Thank you!

Default If You've Never Driven Either

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Then you'll find the scenery and 'fun factor' about the same for both roads. Both certainly have their share of attractions as well as wide open stretches where not much changes from mile marker to mile marker. I-20/I-10 is the more direct route, and I have driven it. What in particular would you find 'fun'?

AZBuck

3. Default

thanks for reply. by fun, I mean places I can stop and take a few pictures. I know I-40 passes grand canyon, but I will not be able to detour for hundreds of miles for that plus I have been there once.

Default Then I-20/I-10 I Think

It is a bit shorter (but only by 40 miles) and has what I consider some good photo ops (as, of course, does I-40). Along this more southerly route, some good stops are Old Cahawba outside Selma; Vicksburg, MS, both the city and the battlefield; Gibsland, LA where Bonnie and Clyde were gunned down; Dealy Plaza in Dallas; Monahans Sandhills west of Odessa; Fort Bowie and Kartchner Caverns in southeastern AZ, as well as Saguaro National Park (east) outside Tucson; Yuma Territorial Prison just as you're leaving Arizona and the drive to Kelso in the Mojave National Preserve. The most remote of those venues is less than 25 miles from the Interstate.

AZBuck