1. Default graduation roadtrip from nothern illinois--any suggestions?

Me and four or five of my high school girlfriends decided to take an end of summer/ end of high school roadtrip but we cannot figure out where to go! We are planning on camping and doing some hiking and swimming but don't want to 'rough it' too much! We'd like to stay at state or local public campgrounds whenever possible-- we'd like to keep costs to a minimum!
    We'd like some imput on places to visit and places to stay. We were thinking we'd like to go north into Wisconsin or Minnesota but are open to suggestions. We only have a week so we can't stray too far. Any imput whatsoever would be helpful. Thanks!!

Default Going South?

If you decide to go south, Indiana has a lot of great camping sites and State parks. Two of the best I've been to are Brown County State Park, and McCormack's Creek in Spencer. Also, there's Turkey Run and French Lick. All of which are good places to go.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default So many options...

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There are several state parks near Wisconsin Dells that you could look into. Devil's Lake is the state's most popular state park and has plenty of hiking, swimming and other activities, There is also Mirror Lake State Park or Rocky Arbor in the same area. All of them, and most of Wisconsin's state parks have showers and you'd be close to the many activities of the dells area, so you'd have more than enough to keep you as busy as you'd like to be.

Chicago Suburbs, IL

There is the Blue Mounds campground near the Cave of the Mounds a bit west of Madison, WI. The park is very nice and it is near some other things to do such as Madison (great city, tons to do), Mt. Horeb (home of the mustard museum and troll statues), the Little Norway city, and the Little Switzerland area.

Or, you could head to the Green Bay area and check out the Packer Hall of Fame and drive up the Door County area which is very well known as a destination spot.

A bit south of you there is Starved Rock state park in Illinois but I'm not sure what else there is to do there.

5. Default thanks for all the help!

I will be sure to pass all of your ideas along to my friends. Like I said before, we had no ideas about where to go but now we have a list to choose from. Thanks a lot!

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default If You're Into Bicycling

If you like to ride bikes, Route 66 through Illinois is in the process of building a bikeway to run the whole length of the state. There are lots of great towns and places to check out along the way.