1. Default Trip Suggestions anyone?

well, my sister and i have been talkin about takin a roadtrip within the next couple of weeks and we need some help... we've never done one of these without having a guide to go with us and show us what is good in an area. we live in new jersey and are planning to spend four days to a week on this trip, and need suggestions for locations to go. we have no set destination or anything like that. any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

For starters, you may want to check out our planning pages.

Four days isn't an awful lot of time to do an extended road trip, but even so, you are in a good location to start from. What are the kinds of things you are interested in? You could head up into my neck of the woods and explore New England; you could head into the hills of Pennsylvania and tour that area. The Atlantic Ocean is just a short drive away, maybe head along the coast?

You could head into Washington, DC - not even a five-hour drive from where you are now.

The mountains of the Adirondacks are similarly close to you, as well as the hustle and bustle of New York City.

"What is good" is a relative term, depending on the types of things you like to see and do. For some, solitude and peace and quiet would top this list. For others, an area with a vibrant night life would fit the bill.