1. Default Riverside to New York and back

hello all. thank you once again for helping us out on our recent road trip to arizona from south orange county. we visited LAKE HAVASU, GRAND CANYON CAVERNS & INN, attended the sunrise easter service at the GRAND CANYON, METEOR CRATER, slept at WIGWAM MOTEL, PETRIFIED FOREST, PAINTED DESERT, FOUR CORNERS, and on the way back MT. ZION in Utah,HOOVER DAM & finally LAS VEGAS before heading home. it was worth a trip for 5 days.

in august, we're thinking of hitting the road again. this time to new york. we would like to go to kansas first then kentucky and on to new york. on our way back we would like to visit north carolina then texas. may i know what interesting places should we be able to see on our drive to those places? we will be travelling from august 10th until the 25th and we're a family with 2 tweens. i would appreciate hearing from anybody as time is running out <:)

thanks again.
    Last edited by UKCraig; 07-02-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: added link and split thread

Tucson, AZ

Default Make the Most of It

You've already made a good start by planning to take different routes out and back. What I'd suggest is that you head north initially, up I-15 into Utah, seeing Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks before heading across Utah and Colorado on I-70. Then it's out over the plains through Kansas along the old Santa Fe Trail, through St. Louis and stopping at Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, before finishing up on the National Road and I-81/I-78 into NYC.

On the way back, head down the coast using I-81 through the Shenandoah Valley, but with occasional side trips on the Blue Ridge Parkway. At around Asheville turn west through Great Smoky Mountains National Park, to Nashville and/or Memphis before dropping down into Texas. Then either I-40 will take you home, passing by Petroglyph and El Malpais National Monuments before returning you to more familiar territory, or you can stay south on I-10 and visit Kartchner Caverns and Saguaro National Park.

3. Default

thank you very much. i'll plan our itinerary at once.