Default Road Trip on the West Coast

hey guys,

first of all i wanna thank all the people in this forum for being so helpful to others. i'm planning to take a roadtrip from Sanjose,CA to Seattle,WA,(for 3 days back-back) mostly on the coastline..can anybody please help me with as to what should my stops be? also, this is my first road trip ever, i just have some experience driving in local areas. should i drop the idea of my roadtrip?please help

Default First RoadTrips

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Everyone remembers their first, and yours will be better than most, since you have ample time and will be covering some very beautiful terrain. I recently gathered up links to a number of discussions of that general trip. Review those and see if there aren't more than enough suggestions of things to do. I'd make your two night's stops at roughly Eureka, CA and Eugene, OR.

AZBuck

Default hey thanks!!

i would like to cover a maximum of 1000 miles (both ways), since i'm on my own..also i wanna cover maximum scenic attractions along coastline..what do you suggest?

Default Define Your Parmaters, Please

OK, when you say you have three days, is that for a one-way drive? If so, how long, exactly, do you have for the drive up and the drive back? If you only have three days to get up to Seattle AND back to San Jose, then you have no time for anything other than the drive, and precious little for that.

AZBuck

Quote Originally Posted by aryank2000 View Post
    i would like to cover a maximum of 1000 miles (both ways), since i'm on my own..also i wanna cover maximum scenic attractions along coastline..what do you suggest?
    There really is so much to see and do along that coast, I'm currently planning a trip for next year that will take in that area and I'm struggling to fit it all in! Best bet is to have a look at those links that AZBuck posted up, as well as these cool places to explore and plot them on a map (either paper or, I have found, Google Earth is very good for this sort of thing) then pick out the best along your route.