1. Default R/T from Miami to Arkansas and back with 3 small kids!!

We are planning a road trip from Miami, Florida to Little Rock, Arkansas to visit family in Arkansas. Leaving Miami on August 1 and need to be back in Miami on August 12. My husband and I are desperate for some suggestions on where to stop along the way, etc. and on the way back. We are traveling with our 3 small daughters (already done Orlando, Tampa, etc. a thousand times). We'd like to arrive in Arkansas, stay 2 full days, and leave on the 4th day, which leaves 8 days for traveling and stopping in other cities, towns. Any suggestions for books, websites, etc. for planning the trip?

Tucson, AZ

Default Despair No Longer

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

First of all, if I read your plans right, you seem to think that you can drive from Miami to Little Rock in one day (then stay two and leave on Day 4). That is not going to happen. It's over 1125 miles to Little Rock which will make for two very full driving days, minimum, to get there. But in any event, what is there to see on the way back? Well in Memphis, there's the Children's Museum and Mud Island for starters. You can slow down a bit with a cabin on the lake at John W Kyle State Park in Mississippi, then pick up the pace again with a water park in Huntsville, AL. And your daughters and you might enjoy a simple walk through some gardens in Georgia. There is no shortage of things to see and do. These are just a few.