1. Default boston to seattle

My boyfriend and I are moving from boston to seattle at the end of August and are starting to plan our trip (we are shipping out stuff ahead so we will be in a car). We are hoping to make the trip in 6 days-is this reasonable? Also what are things that we shouldn't miss along the way...
    neither of us have ever done such a long road trip before so any information advice would be greatly apprecitated-thanks!

Tucson, AZ

Default Take It Easy and Enjoy

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

3000 miles in 6 days is just about right for a first (very) serious RoadTrip. This let's you set a relatively easy (and easily remembered) pace of 500 miles per day. Unfortunately, this will not leave a lot of time for major stops like Yellowstone or Glacier that are just off your route - which again is an easy to remember I-90 all the way. However, you should plan to get out of the car 2-3 times a day for some exercise at some venues that are a little closer to the highway. These would include stops at Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Mitchell, SD's Corn Palace, Badlands National Park, Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, and maybe take one of the many scenic roads through Idaho. Other places to take little rest and exercise breaks are small towns in sections of the country you haven't seen and state parks.. Should be a great adventure.