Hello. I'm new here.
I've been asked by my recently retired aunt and uncle to help plan a detailed route up the eastern seaboard – north Alabama to Maine, then back to north Alabama.
They want to experience peak fall foliage in the northeast USA.
We need initial help acquiring data on:
1. The very best locally owned restaurants along the way.
2. Clean places to stay (hotels / motels / bed and breakfast)
3. Proper routes to take
4. Little-known points of interest and festivals along the way
5. What type of clothing to wear in that time of year
6. Caveats of a peak-foliage fall trip to the northeast
Your own experience, good websites, or any advice is much appreciated.