Thread: JFK-Stroudsburg

1. Default JFK-Stroudsburg

hello,I would like to know which is the best way to get from JFK to Stroudsburg,PA.Our plane is arriving at 11.50pm, so we might stay overnight at JFK. Is there a lot of traffic on Saturday mornings to get to PA?
    Thank you very much

Default Will You Have a Navigator?

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The most direct route is "simply" to take I-678, the Van Wyck Expressway, north out of JFK to I-495, the Long Island Expressway, west through the Queens Midtown Tunnel. Cross Manhattan on 34th Street and take the Lincoln Tunnel to the New Jersey Turnpike south. Take exit 15W for I-280 west which will join I-80 west in about 23 miles. From there, it's a straight shot to Stroudsburg on I-80. The total driving distance is only about 105 miles, so maybe a little over an hour and a half if the roads are clear, which they should be early Saturday morning.

AZBuck

3. Default Thank you

Thank you very much for your quick response. We might get a navigator.Do you think it will give the right directions?
    Thank you again.

Default Navigator

The best navigator you can get is the one sitting in the right seat who can respond in real time to questions posed in plain English. I have never found the electronic variety worth the effort or distraction.

AZBuck