1. Default i need some advice for west coast road trip

My friend and I want to go on an incredible adventure this summer. We just graduated from high school. Anna is 18 and I am 17; I'm also a girl. We live in Buffalo New York. We want to go to San francisco and see the haight ashbury. We want to go hiking, biking, and kayaking. We'd also like to find some hot springs. We plan to fly into los angeles (because there is a place at LAX that rents cars to 18 year old drivers) and see the city then drive to San Francisco. We want to do this as cheaply as possible. We want to leave Buffalo on July 3 and come back around the 17th. I'm also interested in seeing oregon. Any advice?

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

For starters, check out our Planning Pages - there is a wealth of information in there that will help get you off on the right foot.

One quick link for you is here - how to save money on the road.

I would be willing to wager that the plane tickets and the rental will take a large cut out of your budget. What do you have for a budget so far?

If you do a search - located in the green bar above - for San Francisco, you will see it is one of the most popular destinations on this forum.

RoadTrippers A & R Guest

Napa Valley Calif offers everything you mention and is close by.
    Perhaps consider Hostels too.

4. Default San Francisco

Haight-Ashbury isn't the cleanest place on earth, but it is fun to look around. If you're into crepes, i suggest eating the crepes nearby Haight at a place called Crepes On Cole. really good crepes.

If you want to hike, you should try Muir woods, which is about a half hour north of the golden gate bridge. Really nice area.

Biking in San Francisco isn't the best thing to do. The biking lanes aren't the greatest and the drivers aren't the nicest either (you're from New York so I'm sure you're used to angry drivers). But if you can overcome these things and the steep hill grades, biking can actually be pretty decent in a city where parking is almost none-existent.
    Last edited by calhayashi; 07-15-2007 at 01:15 AM.