1. Default TAMPA to LAS VEGAS 45ft Bus

Can you help me with the most direct and friendly route from Tampa to Las Vegas and one that by passes the Hoover Dam. I am in a 45ft Bus.

Default Too many options

Quote Originally Posted by steverr1 View Post
    Can you help me with the most direct and friendly route from Tampa to Las Vegas and one that by passes the Hoover Dam. I am in a 45ft Bus.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. There are so many route options between Tampa and Las Vegas, you would have to give us some more parameters. To avoid Hoover Dam (you can cross the dam, but you have agree to a quick inspection at the check station). Basically at Kingman, AZ you cross the Colorado River at Laughlin on AZ-68 and then take US-95 to Las Vegas.

Mark

3. Default Tampa-Las vegas

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

This trip is about speed/time of arrival as opposed to sight-seeing. I am basing my departure on a tight time line. Thus, the question whether to intersect #40 via some route or stay on #10 arises. In addition, someone told me that tour buses were not allowed anymore via the dam. I guess that was bad information? It has been quite some time since I have traveled west.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Default That is correct -- private or commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by steverr1 View Post
    In addition, someone told me that tour buses were not allowed anymore via the dam.
    Tour buses are not allowed on the dam. RVs and Trucks are not supposed to use the dam, but they do, as long as they submit to an inspection.
    This trip is about speed/time of arrival as opposed to sight-seeing. I am basing my departure on a tight time line. Thus, the question whether to intersect #40 via some route or stay on #10 arises.
    But you final destination is still Las Vegas? For a speed run, I would stay on I-10 until you reach US-95 at Blythe, California and then go north to Las Vegas.

Mark

5. Default

Thanks Very Much..
    Steve