1. Default Southern CA to Ft. Collins, Colorado

Hello! We are planning a roadtrip in one week from Southern California to Ft. Collins, Colorado. We have 3 young children and would like to make a few stops along the way and see some sights. Any ideas? We would love to find a PowWow if that is possible. We were told of a dinosaur museum in Fruta, Colorado that was good and maybe some sand dunes in South/West Colorado... thanks for any input!!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Did some looking for powwows

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    We would love to find a PowWow if that is possible.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum -- I did some looking for Powwows that would be a good match for your route. Didn't find a perfect match but did find this reference:
    If you want to catch a Pow Wow while on vacation, call the Travel and Tourism Bureau in the State Capitol of each state you'll be passing through...Almost every state, without exception, has at least one major Pow Wow during the year. A complete listing of Pow Wows and gatherings in the U.S. and Canada could, and does, fill a book. I highly recommend the annual Pow Wow Calendar as the most complete guidebook to Native events available. Call 1-800-695-2241 for information. This was from this site by Julia White and this site might be of help for another time.

I would also suggest taking the steam train ride at Durango -- I think your kids would LOVE that!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Here ya go!

Dinosaur Journey in Fruita, CO

Great Sand Dunes NP, CO

I agree....Durango is a very cool place and the train ride would be fun. They might enjoy the ruins at Mesa Verde as well.