First of all Hello. I am new to the site but it looks great.
Me and the Fiance (by then Wife) will be moving to Seattle in April/May of 08.
I am looking for advice on which route I should take.
1 or 2 variables/requirements to be kept in mind.
1. We under no circumstances want to go over the grapevine.
2. We will be travelling with 2 cats and 2 fish which will necessitate a hotel stay after 8-12 hours of driving. We are eyeballing the trip to be about three days (2 nights in a hotel, with the final night being in seattle)
3. We will "probably" not be moving most of our stuff with us, we plan on selling/getting rid of most of our furniture and whatever is left will likely be moved by PODS or some other similar moving company.
4. We have a Nissan Pathfinder that is our main car and there is a strong possibility of a second car coming with us(friends who want to check out seattle)
5. Each car will have 2 drivers.
6. We would rather not deal with snow, but its not a deal breaker on any given route. Especially if its light snow.
I think that covers the basics, any advice on routes? what should I be looking for?