Default Big trip soon - any advice?

Just found this website, and hoping for some advice. I'm coming over from Ireland and mixing business and pleasure for a three-week road trip in June/July...Orlando, Houston, Memphis, Dayton, Nashville, Charleston, Orlando. Four of us travelling in a hired 8-seat mini-van...two of the others are drivers so we can share. What's the max we could drive in a 600 miles too much? I'm doing this on a modest budget - any particular hotel chains recommended? Should I book accomodation in advance? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default basics

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'll start by recommending that you just browse around this site a bit, looking at both the forum and the Roadtrip Planning section. I think you'll find a lot of answers to your questions are already on this site.

But in terms of your specific questions, 600 miles a day is a bit much for a multi-day trip. Its certainly not unreasonable to drive 600 miles on any given day, but it tends to be too much to sustain that pace (which requires about 11 hours on the road) day after day. We generally recommend limiting yourself to 500 miles a day.

Motel 6 tends to be the cheapest of the chains, and mom-and-pop motels can often be good budget choices. However, sometimes taking just a small step up towards a slightly more expensive motel can be a better deal when you consider ammenities like Breakfast and the like.

Default Thanks for advice

Thanks Midwest Michael. I'll do as you suggest. There should only be five days during the three weeks when I plan to do between 500-600 miles.