1. Default Oregon Roadtrip

I am getting married this summer and we are doing a roadtrip to Oregon from British Columbia for our honeymoon. We want to see all the wonderful sites, do a little bit of camping, stay at bed-and-breakfasts, the occasional hotel, enjoy good food and generally live it up while honeymooning. I undertand there are vineyards to visit and sandunes that you can take dune buggies on in Oregon. What recommendations do you have? What's a good travel book to get or other resources? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Not Exactly My Area of Expertise

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

But fortunately, one of our moderators hails from that part of the country and has written glowingly (and often) of its charms. So besides the threads listed at the bottom of this page, be sure to check out these posts of hers:

Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3
    Post 4

AZBuck

Hey man...I just registered here but I've lived in the Portland area my whole life. What parts of the state are you looking to visit? The Oregon Coast is a gorgeous and memorable place to kick off life as a married couple, especially in the summer. Multnomah Falls is something that shouldn't be missed, either. If you want to spend a day away from town, head up to Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood. The views up there cannot be beat. I'll add more when I'm a bit less tired.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deloreanman14 View Post
    Hey man...I just registered here but I've lived in the Portland area my whole life. What parts of the state are you looking to visit? The Oregon Coast is a gorgeous and memorable place to kick off life as a married couple, especially in the summer. Multnomah Falls is something that shouldn't be missed, either. If you want to spend a day away from town, head up to Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood. The views up there cannot be beat. I'll add more when I'm a bit less tired.
    Idon't know much about Oregon ecept that it is on the coast and between California and Washington. I don't know where we want to go yet. We do want to see the coast, relax, eat well, stay at nice B'n'Bs, and have some adventures. I know it's vague. Any ideas or good books would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Default Look at our Highway Guides section

Quote Originally Posted by belonj View Post
    Any ideas or good books would be appreciated.
    There is an excellent guide for Oregon scenic drives --here is a link to our review.

Mark

6. Default Camping near Florence, OR

We are planning our honeymoon down the Oregon coast and want to stay at a nice campground near Florence. Anybody have any recommendations?