Default HELP!! Road trip plans from Grand Canyon to Yosemite

Hi all

First things first.....I would like to say thanks for such a great site!! There are loads of useful tips on here! Unfortunately I still have a few questions which I hope you will be able to help me with......

I am travelling in California/Nevada with 3 friends for 3 weeks at the end of July 2007. The first part of our trip is planned: 3 nights in San Fran/Santa Rosa (visiting some friends), 6 nights at lake Tahoe, then flying from Reno to Las Vegas. We will have a day and a half here before going to Grand Canyon for 2 nights.....Here's where it gets tricky....
    We would eventually like to end up at Yosemite for 4 nights before we fly back to London. This leaves us 3 days to get there. We only have one person who can drive, so I am concerned that driving to Yosemite from Grand Canyon (possibly stopping 1 night at Vegas and 1 night at death Valley or Sequoia) would be too much for one person to do and would also not leave us long enough to look around death valley, etc?
    So to break down my question:
    1. Would the drive from Grand Canyon to Yosemite be too much for 1 person in 3 days (taking into account we would like to see some of the sites along the way!)
    2. Is it more advisable to fly from Vegas to SFO then drive to Yosemite instead of driving the whole way?
    3. If we do drive, what route and sites would you advise we take from Grand Canyon to Yosemite?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jodie "confused" Hyde

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RTA forum!

I think you will be just fine. 3 days is more than enough time to get from the Grand Canyon to Yosemite. Even with just one driver, that should be a pretty leasurly pace.

I wouldn't recommend flying, as you really won't save much time. In fact, I would just drive from Reno to Las Vegas, but that's me.

The path you laid out from Grand Canyon to Yosemite via Las Vegas and Death Valley is the route that makes the most sense.