Default First time in USA

Hello,

Me and My girlfriend Are going to visit USA for the first time. This is our plan: All trip is 21 days. We will arrive in Los Angeles in July and stay a few days. Then we will go in Las Vegas but we would like in between to see as mush as possible. In Vegas we will get married and stay a few days. After that me and my "wife" will go to San Francisco for a few days and than to Los Angeles and back home to Slovenia. We are intrested in national parks, museums, night life, all famous, crazy and intresting things which we can visit in this tour in 21 days. We have traveled in Evrope, so some expiriance we already have but we know America only from "movies" so we realy need help as much as possible specialy what to see in our way.
    Thank you very much in advanse
    Regards from Andrej & Meta

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RTA Forum, and Congrats on the Wedding Plans!

The good news is that three weeks is a great amount of time to really enjoy a trip between LA, Las Vegas, and San Francisco.

The even better news is that this is the single most discussed area on the forum, so there are already hundreds of threads with information and ideas to help you get started. You can find links to some of our favorites in this thread. You might also enjoy getting a local's perspective of Las Vegas to expand your understanding beyond that of the movies! And of course, we've got an entire section devoted to International Visitors, so that should be more than enough to get you on your way!

Default Nothing Like the First Time

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums! (I wish I knew how to say that in Slovene.)

It might be a good idea to read up on other people's questions about and trips to that area. Many of them are listed here. You can actually fit quite a lot into 21 days, even with a wedding and some relaxation with your new bride. The best National Parks in your area of travel include Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Death Valley and, of course, the Grand Canyon. Be sure to get a National Parks Pass at the first park you visit in order to save some money.

You don't say what kind of museums you like, but there are plenty of every kind in San Francisco and Los Angeles to keep you happy, while Las Vegas' offerings range from Natural History to exhibitions from world renowned art museums.

But don't just go to the major attractions. Spend at least a little time in some of the less well known places, especially in Las Vegas. A ride on the Strip Trolley can be quite informative, and I recommend that you do this early in your stay there in order to learn a bit about the Strip before walking it and getting the air of excitement that permeates it at night. Then get out to a couple of the smaller parks around the city for some hiking. Two of the best are Valley of Fire northeast of town and Red Rock Canyon west of town.

Well, that should be enough to get you started and see what's available. Don't hesitate to come back should you have more questions or comments.

AZBuck

Default Some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by A+M View Post
    Then we will go in Las Vegas but we would like in between to see as mush as possible. In Vegas we will get married and stay a few days.
    In Las Vegas, I would suggest an early meal at a neighborhood tavern in the hills of Henderson, La Collina Cucina-- get there about 6:30 and watch as daylight turns into twilight -- one of the most magical transformations as the strip hotels turn on their lights. The food is quite good and reasonably priced as well. The Ethel M chocolate factory and Grapevine Canyon are two more lesser known places you might enjoy. Here is a little info about the marriage bureau service in Las Vegas.

Mark

Hello to all and thank you for information. I will take time to see all the threads and ideas on this great page.
    For AZBuck: How to say "Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!" in Slovene? DOBRODOŠLI NA ROUDTRIP AMERIKA FORUMU!
    Thx again and cheers from Slovenia

Default LA - Las Vegas - San Francisco - LA

Hello from Slovenia,

My girlfriend and I are planning to visit California. (for 3 weeks - from July 4 to July 25) This trip will also be a "honney moon".
    We decided to visit 4 main points:
    1/ LA 3 days at arrival,
    2/ LasVegas: 4 days with wedding,
    3/ San Francisco 3 or 4 days and
    4/ LA 2 days before departure.
    Other places we are planing to see are: first Joshua Tree after LA then thru Barstow to Las Vegas. From Vegas to Grand Canyon. Then Death Valley to Sequoia and Yosemite. From Yosemite To San Francisco and back to La for last two days before departure.
    All those National Parks are very big. (One is big like Slovenia)
    We know that we dont have time to see everythig, but we would like to see at least most interestig things about all NP.
    What would be your suggestion about above planned trip?
    Might be a funny question but I am wondering if watter from the pipe is drinkable....?
    Any suggestion for tatooing?

I would be gratefull for any other advice.
    Thanks in advance
    Andrej

Default Water is fine

Quote Originally Posted by A+M View Post
    We decided to visit 4 main points:
    1/ LA 3 days at arrival,
    2/ LasVegas: 4 days with wedding,
    3/ San Francisco 3 or 4 days and
    4/ LA 2 days before departure.
    I would spend more time at these places and take it easy -- I think you are trying to cram too much travel into your honeymoon. But it is great that you have been thinking and planning this trip!
    Might be a funny question but I am wondering if watter from the pipe is drinkable....?
    Any water that comes from a pipe in the USA is potable (fine for drinking) -- some water supplies don't taste very good, but you can safely drink it.

Mark