1. Default vancouver to vegas

hi there,

were driving from vancouver bc to vegas this week.. and wondering if anyone has any advice or any suggestions? i have heard some scary things about utah.. has anyone driven through there at all??

Default Awesome country!

Quote Originally Posted by jacquied View Post
    were driving from vancouver bc to vegas this week.. i have heard some scary things about utah.. has anyone driven through there at all??
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum -- my goodness, what have you heard? Utah is a roadtripper's paradise -- so many amazing places to go and explore. How long do you have for the drive?

Mark

3. Default

we are leaving vancouver... well plan to be at the border by 8am and would like to get to vegas Friday... i have just read that from other forums not to stop or break down there!!! i dont know.. it got us a little scared! i have seen some picutres posted and it does look beautiful... but everyone is scaring us!!! mean people!! haha... what do you think... does it sound doable? map quest says its a 20 hour drive...

Default Think someone's pulling your leg?

Like anywhere you always need to keep an eye out for what's happening around you but I can honestly say I've never heard anything like what you've been told before! I've not travelled extensively in Utah but I encuntered no problem whatsoever in the parts that I have visited. You'll be fine, stop worrying, get out there and enjoy.

5. Default

well i guess thats what i needed to hear!!!! i wont have to take pictures out the car window!!! everyone keeps saying..." havent you seen the hills have eyes??" darn horror movies!! Thanks!!!

Default A 20-hour drive?????

Quote Originally Posted by jacquied View Post
    does it sound doable? map quest says its a 20 hour drive...
    It is 1400 miles by the fastest possible route (down through Utah) -- you are going to be on Interstate highways the entire way! There is no possible way to cover this distance, safely, in less than 24 hours of travel. This means 2.5 days of travel or two days of 12 hours being in the saddle. By every stretch of the imagination, you can not expect to drive this in one day! Here are some Speed Run suggestions, please read them -- they could save your life (you will not have time to be endangered by any fake, Hollywood movie horror actors,) you will be in sufficient danger just trying to do this drive in one day.

Mark

Default Wires crossed?

I'm not sure that jacquied is intending to do this trip in one sitting...? Maybe they can confirm their exact travel plans?