1. Default Gearing up my Civic with CB, Where do you have yours?

I am going to install a Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio in my 1999 Honda civic. Hopefully this summer I will be able to go on a road trip and have this by my side incase something happens where cell phones wouldn't work. Also I think it would be kind of neat to talk to others along the way to my destination.

Where do you guys/gals have your CB radio mounted? any special place? I’m putting mine in-dash. Below is a picture of my type of car, yet it is not my exact car. the dash is the same except mine is 100% stock; many civics are modified by teens, but not mine

The arrow is pointing to the location where I am going to customize a fiberglass mount for it. I am able to do audio customization for cars so this shouldn’t be too big of a feat for me. Do you think this is a good location?

This is my first post (just found the forum through Google search about CBs), i look forward to meeting you guys through this forum
    Last edited by silentblackhat; 05-25-2007 at 11:14 PM.

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Clearance

Greetings silentblackhat and Welcome to the Forum!

It looks like a good spot to put it, well within reach to keep from having to fumble around while driving which makes operation safer. Two things that I would consider though: angle (will I be able to easily see the channel indicator), and clearance (if you plan to use the mic holder, is there enough clearance?).

But, from what I can see, it looks like it should work. I use a mini mobile, so it goes curled up on the floor (nothing permanent). When I get my next car, I'm considering doing something permanent.

-Brad

Default Any room up top?

Quote Originally Posted by silentblackhat View Post
    I am going to install a Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio in my 1999 Honda civic.
    Whenever possible, I suggest mounting a CB above your sight line -- it is much safer to "glance down" to see the road than to "look up" when looking at the CB or reaching for the mike or whatever.

I can't remember, if there is any vertical clearance in the Civic, but, if there is, I would mount it at the roof line.
    Hopefully this summer I will be able to go on a road trip and have this by my side in case something happens where cell phones wouldn't work. Also I think it would be kind of neat to talk to others along the way to my destination.
    All of those reasons are valid -- you will also find that you use the WX channels (weather reports) every day you are on the road -- the channels are specific for the region you are driving through and they can be very, very helpful in periods of extreme and/or severe weather alerts.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 05-26-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo

4. Default

i wish there was a way to put the CB on the roofline but there are the sunvisors as well as the mirror(its mounted to the roof, not the window).

I wont be using it too much for messing around when I drive because im a great driver when something isnt distracting me; i never use my cell phone or anything like that while im driving, i always pull over to talk on my cell.

The way that I will have the radio sitting in there(hard to explain the process of making the fiberglass mount) ill have a place to mount the microphone clip