1. Default Roadside diners in Las Vegas

Hi,

We are getting married in Las Vegas and plan to hit the road in either a RV or classic car. Can anyone recommend any vintage roadside diners in Las Vegas we could visit for a meal straight after the wedding? We’re travelling from the UK and want the experience of a Las Vegas wedding and drive in diner !!!

Also, can anyone recommend a scenic ride out of Las Vegas heading in the direction of Colorado.

Many thanks.

Default an idea for your way out of town

Hey there! I just got back from Vegas and I have an idea for the beginning of your drive out of town.

Drive east to see the Hoover Dam - a must see I think.
    Then backtrack a few miles to the enterance of the Lake Mead Recreational Area. Drive along the lake and exit the park through the north exit in Overton. That will put you close to I 15 and the SW corner of Utah. It was very beatutiful. I have some very interesting photos. Some don't even look real.

I can't recommend exactly what to do after that - but it might be an interesting way to begin the trip.

Enjoy!

Default Roadside Diners?

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    We are getting married in Las Vegas and plan to hit the road in either a RV or classic car.
    Congratulations the pending wedding and Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forurm! Diners never really caught on here in Las Vegas. The only ones that come to mind are corporate chains (but they still have car-side service by roller skating servers) -- they would be Sonic -- there is is one here: SONIC Drive-In; 5725 EAST CHARLESTON LAS VEGAS, NV 891421004

Another possible source would be this site run by our colleagues at LA Time Machines. They have a partial collection of such places in Las Vegas.
    Also, can anyone recommend a scenic ride out of Las Vegas heading in the direction of Colorado.
    I would head up to Zion -- here are some more ideas of what we find fun and exciting about Las Vegas,

Mark