1. Default Advice on traveling out west?

Hello! My husband and I are planning a camping trip out west for sometime this summer/early fall. We have two weeks to travel, we're just waiting to confirm the travel dates because of work. We'll be starting in Ohio, and we've thought about going by way of Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota, Montana (up to Glacier National Park), then south to Wyoming and Utah, then back east through Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. Any thoughts on this route? Does it seem like a lot to fit into two weeks? We'll be spending most of our time at National Parks, but would love to see some other interesting things along the way. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks so much :)

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Yes, it does seem like a lot to fit into two weeks. I would split this up into a couple of different routes and decide from there - up to Montana or West to Utah. Either way, roughly 3300 miles round-trip; still a lot for two weeks, if you want to spend any length of time in a particular area. I'd say the route you had laid out could quickly come up closer to 3800 miles to 4000 miles when all is said and done. This is figuring in side trips, etc.

What are the main points of interest you'd like to see? The list of National Parks can be found here.