I'm considering a road trip with a buddy who lives in Tucson. The trip would be from Tucson to Seattle (we have a friend and his family in Seattle). I want to know if the following schedule would be too much for a 10 day/2 week trip.
Start in Tucson
- Grand Canyon - just to see, no stay
- Vegas - 1 night to see the lights and sights (I don't gamble or drink)
- Death Valley - probably a drive through with some stops for pictures
- Sequoia National Park - See the Crystal Cave and get 1 nights rest
- Yosemite - See the sights and 1 nights rest
- San Francisco - 2 - 3 days
- Redwood National Park - probably a drive through with some stops for pictures
- Portland - 1 day rest
End in Seattle - 1 - 2 days just to see the friends
I have taken a look at the other posts on here, and I haven't really seen anyone trying this; which is why I'm creating a new post.
Oh, and I would like to do this on the more scenic routes as much as possible (i.e. non-major highways)
So what do you think? I know this is drivable, but would it be enjoyable? (assuming we are in it as much for the drives through great scenery as we are for the stops).