Default Nightmare in the Salt at Bonneville

This isn't something that I was involved in (thankfully) but I thought you might appreciate reading how it can go horribly wrong for the so-called 'professionals' too...

Stuck in the Salt at Bonneville

Default Carl is one of the founding racers

Quote Originally Posted by UKCraig View Post
    This isn't something that I was involved in (thankfully) but I thought you might appreciate reading how it can go horribly wrong for the so-called 'professionals' too...
    I appreciate this link -- one of our Forum members, Kroozn1, has attended Bonneville for 27 years -- I have sent him this link too. He is re-building a vintage race car in pursuit of a world record title -- I have seen the early stages of the car -- it will be memorable when he completes the work!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 01-27-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: add the # of years

Default I couldn't find him?

I looked in the memberlist for Kroonz1 as I thought I might see if I could drop them a private message for some advice on where to go at Bonneville. If you are in contact do you think you might point them to the thread profiling my upcoming trip and ask if they might be able to offer any assistance in seeing the 'historic locations' associated with Bonneville?

Boy, didn't they make a mess of trying to haul that RV ("Bounder") out?! Guess I'll not be taking the rental car over there just in case ;)
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 01-27-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: "Winnebago" is brand name (& the wrong kind here)

{Editor's Note: Members are invisible on the members list until they post their first post....}

Can you see me now?

I came out of lurking and posted in the other thread.
    Carl

Default I can see you now!

Yes, can see you now! Thanks for posting on the other thread - appreciated.

And sorry for the error on the name of the campervan... over here we just refer to them as Winnebagos :)

Default Accuracy -- A trait around here

Craig,
    And sorry for the error on the name of the campervan... over here we just refer to them as Winnebagos :)
    Understood -- it's sort of like using the trade name of "Kleenix" as meaning all tissues -- but on this Forum -- I prefer that we be as careful with language as possible, because not everyone on this Forum has the same background or experience with the English language.

Mark

Default Thanks for the chuckle!

Wow....several pros weren't using their heads that day, were they?