Default Reno-SF-LA-Las Vegas

Hi,

My husband and I are in the beginning stages of planning a road trip next year. We would like to start in Reno and make our way to SF, LA and finally Vegas. We will probably have 10 days for our whole trip. We would like to stay in SF for 2 days and probably LA for 2 days and finish up with a few extra days in Vegas. Do you think this is a doable trip in that period of time? We aren't set on starting in Reno but my husband would like to check it out. We know there are a lot of things to see on the trip and I don't want to feel rushed. Is stopping to see Lake Tahoe a possibility? I would like to go to Big Sur and drive down the coast to LA but again I am not sure if that will take up too much time. Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks
    Mary
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 05-13-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: removed a correction -- (no longer needed)

Default A reasonable span of time

Quote Originally Posted by maree View Post
    My husband and I are in the beginning stages of planning a road trip next year. We would like to start in Reno and make our way to SF, LA and finally Vegas.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I wasn't sure when the trip was being planned for and so weather and spring snow storms could impact the planning, but in general you can certainly drive to all of those places in 10 days -- Whether you really want to is another question. Here is a list of threads that will provide some more quidance, and hopefully raise some new questions for you. In addition, to that list, be sure to look at the bottom of this page for similar trip and routing suggestions.

Mark

Thanks for responding. We are probably not going to go until next April or May. We thought that the weather would be a lot nicer by then. Instead of going earlier in the year.