Default KC to St. Louis 2 day trip

As a small celebration for my wife's finishing grad school (and getting a pretty kick-ass job) I'm taking her to St. Louis for a quick trip. She graduates on Wednesday June 6, and has to be at work Saturday morning at 8am.

The scheme, so far, is drive out early on Thursday morn, 8am leaving KC, heading east. I figure that puts us in St. Louis at 1pm or so. First we'll head to the Gateway Arch, which she's never seen, and then head to our hotel, the Hyatt Regency St. Louis, in downtown.

Their web site says they're within walking distance to a lot of stuff, the Hyatt actually being inside Union Station. So I hope to eat dinner in their Station Grille and then head to a Cardinals game. Now, like I said, the web site says they're within walking distance, but that's a bit of a relative term, especially when wanting to walk back to the hotel at 10pm in St. Louis after the Cardinals game lets out.

Is anyone more familiar than me with the downtown area? I'm wondering if that really would be a suggested walk.

Friday morning we plan to eat breakfast and head to Six Flags, about 40 minutes to the southwest. Six Flags sounds cool, but does anyone have any other suggestions that might be a little bit more.. well, St. Louis? After the Six Flags visit, about six hours give or take, we plan to head home.

Tucson, AZ

Default Fairly Close

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

It's only a mile between Union Station and Busch Stadium, so I think that qualifies as walking distance. It is a straight shot on Market Street between the Stadium and your hotel, and within that mile are a number of public venues including the Savvis Center and Memorial Plaza. So with all the people out and about after the game, I would think you'd be OK. If, after going to the stadium in the early evening, you don't like the looks of Market Street, it wouldn't be a very expensive cab ride back.

For other sugestions on what to see and do in St. Louis, check this thread.