1. Default Fireworks On West Coast of California?

Hello there!
    Does anybody know where the best fireworks are on the western coast of California? I hear that Crescent City is good but we can't make it there by the 4th with our schedule. We are leaving Phoenix on the 1st of July. Thought about Santa Barbara at the harbor. Any other suggestions?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default All over

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I don't have any places that really stick out in my mind, but the nice thing about the 4th of July is that you can find fireworks almost everywhere. In fact, I find I usually enjoy the small town displays more than the ones that promise to be the "biggest, largest, best, etc..."

So I would just go about doing whatever else you wanted to do, and as you approach the holiday, look in newspapers or online for a schedule of fireworks, and find one that will be convient for you.

3. Default There's a ton of fireworks shows in California on 4 Jul

There's dozens of "big* fireworks shows in California on the 4th of July.

Which ones are the best --- that's pretty subjective. My recommendation is just go with where ever you're at... Just remember also, that the "bigger and better" the show might be, the more people will be at it, so the hassles with parking and crowds go up as well, particularly in areas with limited places to watch.

One's which I've heard about as being "good!" include

- Santa Barbara

- Long Beach/ Queen Mary

- "Americafest" at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena -- complete with the Pasadena Pops Orchestra

- The "KABOOM" Ceelbration the Fairplex in Pomona, California. This also includes a Monster Truck and Big Air MotoX Extreme show (!).

- Marina Del Rey (Fireworks show choreographed to patriotic music broadcast over the local FM station KXLU at 88.9).

- Huntington Beach, off the pier. (HB also has a huge 4th of July city parade -- one of the largest on the west coast.)

- Sacramento, at the State Fair grounds. Billed as the "largest fireworks show in Northern California"

- The "Big Bay Fireworks Show" in San Diego Harbor

- Lake Tahoe, over the lake.

- SF Bay (multi-city display) off fisherman's wharf area.