maitland, NSW AUSTRALIA

Default East Coast to west coast

I'm an aussie planning on going to America in Sept/Oct of this year. I'll be starting at San Fransisco and making my way to New Jersey. I have no idea on how to do this - Which roads i should take, where i should stop along the way, whether i should hire a car or not. So if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Information Information

Welcome to the RTA forum!

I think we might need a little more information, and you might want to do a little more background research, so we can really give you some helpful advice.

The US has a very car based transportation system, so if you want the freedom to go whereever you want and see whatever you want to see, it really is the best option. It also is a pricey option, so you'll have to take your budget into consideration. Bus and Trains are your other two overland options, but Train service in the US really limits you to just a few geographic areas, and bus service will take you to most places, but it is very very slow for long distance travel.

Otherwise, I would really encourage you to browse around this site a little more, both looking at the forum and the roadtrip planning sections to help you get a better understanding of what there is to see in the US and how you go about starting to make plans for a roadtrip.

maitland, NSW AUSTRALIA

hey thanks.

I might just do that. Have a bit of a sticky beak. But when I work out more of my plan I'll let yas know so you guys can help me out a bit.