I know there have been quite a few threads about this part of the country but I was hoping people could answer a few specific questions for me. My husband and I are going to CA in June and have 7 days to spend. We are flying into LA and are flying out of SF. Neither of us have ever been to CA and are really excited. We really want to maximize our trip and see a lot but also feel rested. We plan on renting a car. Questions?
1. Where in LA should we stay and how may days should we spend there?
2. What are the best areas to stop between LA and SF? We want to drive up the coast if possible.
3. Does anyone know of any hidden gem hotels that are not too expensive?
4. How many days in SF should we plan on and where should we stay there?
5. I don't want to miss any great places to eat, any suggestions?
In LA and SF I am not necessarily looking for hotel names but more of a specific area that I can search through hotwire or priceline. If someone has a specific hotel name to check out however, that would be great too.
Thanks so much for your help!! This is our first vacation since having our child 2 years ago and we don't want to waste any time while we are there!