1. Default Las Vegas to Yosemite in one day

I read the other thread much like this one, but I have a few other questions:

First, I'm planning this drive on May 15, 2007, and while I have been to Death Valley I've never been any further west.

Second, I saw on another website that the Tioga road is plowed all the way through, and that they now are working on widing, parking, and secondary roads, whatever that is. So perhaps there is a good chance the Tioga road will be open by May 15.

I have reservations at the Wawona Lodge for the night of May 15. My question is: is it possible to drive to Yosemite via the Tioga road in one day?
    I'd like to go that way if it's open, but I don't wan't to try the impossible either.

I believe we can make Yosemite pretty easy by the interstate route in one day, but being from Tennessee I know how mountain driving can be.

We will be staying at Housekeeping Camp for two more nights, and then on to Frisco for four nights, then to Sequoia for three nights, and then back to Vegas. We have family in Vegas.

Thanks,

Clay

Default Possible by many routes

Quote Originally Posted by johntommybob View Post
    So perhaps there is a good chance the Tioga road will be open by May 15.
    It is, indeed, possible it could open that early this year -- but I would think that very iffy -- Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum --we have an on-going "bet" about when that day will happen this year -- here is the latest.
    I have reservations at the Wawona Lodge for the night of May 15. My question is: is it possible to drive to Yosemite via the Tioga road in one day?
    Yes, you can either go via Death Valley or this route through the White Mountains and cross on Tioga or Sonora Pass -- whichever is open. But the fastest way is always going to be I-15 to CA-58 to CA-99 to CA-41.

mark