Default Driving From Grand Junction CO to Las Vegas via Utah

I am new to this forum and would like to know how the drive is from western Colorado through Utah and down to Vegas. I-70 is the route I'd take and then I-15 south into Vegas. How's it for places to stop and fill up the tank and grab a bite? Thanks for your replies.

2. Default

Hi ... Saw your question when surfing the net. I'm a US citizen/resident living in the Minneapolis metro area of the state of Minnesota. I'm reasonably familiar with the area you'd like to travel, having motored along those roads since early childhood. I can't give you specifics on hotels, restaurants, etc. but could give you some thoughts on routes and things to see. Big queston ... How'd you get over the Rockies to Grand Junction to begin with?
    Gatwick to Grand Junction "International Airport"?

Roger

Default Ray's Tavern -- Best for several hundred miles

Quote Originally Posted by artslover View Post
    I am new to this forum and would like to know how the drive is from western Colorado through Utah
    It turns out, that this is one of my favorite interstate routes in the USA. Here is a field report about this run (from the highway) and one from the roads just off the highway. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    I-70 is the route I'd take and then I-15 south into Vegas. How's it for places to stop and fill up the tank and grab a bite? Thanks for your replies.
    It is a gorgeous route the entire way -- If you are low on fuel when you reach Green River -- I would stop and fill your tank and belly at Ray's Tavern and then push on.

Mark

Default I-70 is a nice run over the Rockies too!

Quote Originally Posted by rajamire View Post
    How'd you get over the Rockies to Grand Junction to begin with?Gatwick to Grand Junction "International Airport"?
    Roger, welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum -- I would bet he drove from Denver -- I-70 is a beautiful road.

Mark

Default Details

Quote Originally Posted by rajamire
    How'd you get over the Rockies to Grand Junction to begin with?
    I am flying into Albequerque from Ohio, renting a car there and am driving to western Colorado to see relatives. From NM, I'll go northwest to western Colorado.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 04-30-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Combined Multiple Posts