1. Default Seattle to Boston

My fiance and I are moving from Seattle to Boston the last week of may and are planning on driving all our stuff cross counrty. We have a about a week to do it so we wanted to take our time some what and see some of the sights along the way. It would be great if anyone could recomend some cool places to see along the way or the best route to take. We were going to pretty much take E90 most of the way but are open to any other ideas!

Tucson, AZ

Default Not That Much Time

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Seattle to Boston is over 3000 miles, so a week is not all that much time to dawdle. If you average 500-550 miles a day, which is what we generally recommend for extended multi-day drives. You'll be on the road 6 days just covering the distance. That's not to say you can't relax and see a few sights along the way, but you will have to pretty much stick to I-90 and choose your diversions carefully. Some of the highlights of that cross country drive are Yellowstone (you could easily blow your entire 'free' day there), Little Bighorn Battlefield, Devils Tower, Badlands National Park, the Corn Palace, Circus World Museum, Indian Dunes National Lakeshore, and Niagara Falls. But that's already more than you'll have time for.

3. Default

I believe that somewhere by Moses Lake, Washington there are these horse monuments on the hill. I remember going there as a child. The horses are lifesize and look like they are going to run off a cliff. You can hike up there, and it's a great way to stretch your legs while you take a break from driving.

Also, I'm from Montana, and if you like anything outdoors then Red Lodge (which is 60 miles south of Billings and I-90) is the place to go! It's a small town of about 2000 people. I grew up there, so I'm kinda biased, but I think it's beautiful! If you plan on going into Yellowstone you can go through Red Lodge over the Beartooth pass. The views from the "top of the world" are absolutly breath-taking!!!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Welcome, yibemen!

Thanks for mentioning the horses. I always forget about them. I don't know how. I've done the hike, and it's pretty steep, too. If I'm remembering right, they're actually between Vantage and George. And, yeah, it's an excellent place to stretch your legs.

BSchnoor, another good place around there for an interesting stop if the Gingko Petrified Forest in Vantage. Lots of petrified wood that is pretty interesting.